Air21, one of the country’s largest freight and logistics company, recently unveiled the TranSim™ VS6 Driver Training Simulator, as part of its comprehensive driver training module.
The TranSim™ Simulator is a state-of-the-art replica of an actual vehicle compartment that perfectly simulates a vehicle’s physical and functional characteristics. Aside from hands-on guidance, it provides complete driving experience without risk to people or equipment, resulting in actual savings for the company.
Partnering with L-3 Technologies, a US based technology provider for military and commercial platforms, Air21 aims to lead and continually search for the best technologies, to deliver better, consistent and optimum service while considering environmental effects.
The TranSim™ Simulator can replicate different kinds of vehicles, anything from a small sedan, to an 18-wheeler rig with trailer. It is programmable to mimic different kinds of road conditions, weather, emergency situations, and even careless motorists or pedestrians. It will record all your responses to different scenarios and grade your performance.
L-3 Technologies also states that the simulator program is completely programmable. It can design a peripheral that will suit any company’s transport needs. As a matter of fact, they are now developing a program for different kinds of motorcycles.
Air21’s future plans also includes introducing this to different government agencies, such as DOTr and LTO, which can make this simulator as one of the requirements or test to be undertaken by a license applicant.
- A sharp and visually accurate 180˚ field-of-view on Full HD LED LCD displays create an immersive driving environment that combines tye look and feel of a real vehicle.
- State-of-the-art software delivers sharp visuals and crisp images to enhance learning objectives.
- Force-loaded steering provides real-time feedback to augment muscle memory in situations such as tire blowing, hitting road curbs or sloshing liquid loads.
- Users can choose from a variety of predefined vehicle configurations using different combinations of tractor, trailer, engine, transmission, axle, etc.
- Truck like learning environment includes a driver seat, steering wheel, manual shifter, brake, clutch and accelerator pedal to enhance realism and achieve better retention.
“Our goal is to provide drivers and eventually all transport operators across the Philippines, with an enticing alternative to an actual commercial driving experience without endangering lives, equipment and property”, said Samuel Bautista, Director of Air21 Academy of Developmental Logistics.
Words and Photos by Earl Manalansan